This voucher is for one Harbour Cruise ticket.
We will give you an in-depth insight into the rare and endangered wildlife, harbour history and the local maritime industry, on the Albatross, Wildlife and Harbour Cruise. In our fully commentated tour, you will experience views and information about:
- Historic Quarantine Stations and wrecks of ships.
- Fishing boats, workboats, dredges and ships as we pass Port Chalmers and Carey's Bay
- We look for wading birds, penguins and shags as we cruise past roosting and feeding areas
- Historic pilot's houses, searchlights, gun emplacements and old whaling stations
- Taiaroa Head with its shallow bays where you can see fur seals, albatross, sea birds and nesting colonies of shags, and much more
- Depending on weather conditions, we usually venture further out to sea where we may view oceanic sea-birds and marine mammals such as dolphins, sea lions or whales.
Small tour groups of around 12 people. Toilet facilities onboard the boat. Binoculars, jackets and wildlife information sheets are provided private cruises available.
We sanitise all loaned equipment and surfaces after every cruise.
Save My Bucket List is a nonprofit set up to support local tourism businesses. Buy a voucher now for the experience above, to redeem within 24 months of purchase date. Your tourism industry needs your help, NZ!